Vegan Risotto Primavera
25 g Flora Freedom
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
225 g Arborio rice
700 ml hot vegetable stock
300 ml vegan dry white wine (optional but increase stock to 1 litre if not used)
250 g field fare frozen petit pois
125 g asparagus tips, each cut into three
175 g field fare frozen spinach, defrosted
75 g vegan Parmsan cheese, grated
pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat Flora and olive oil in a large pan and fry the onion and garlic until soft but not browned.
2. Add the rice and stir well. Pour in the wine and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cook gently, whilst stirring, until the liquid has been absorbed.
3. Stir in 300ml stock and repeat until the stock has been absorbed.
4. Add half the remaining stock, and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until the risotto has a creamy consistency.
5. Add the peas to the rice together with the asparagus and remaining stock. Bring back to a simmer and continue stirring as the liquid is absorbed and the rice becomes tender.
6. Stir in the spinach, with a little more stock if necessary, and sprinkle in the cheese, stirring until melted through.
7. Season to taste and serve straight away.