Bananas Foster Croissant French Toast with Whipped Cream and Caramel Crunch
Bananas Foster Croissant French Toast with Whipped Cream
1 cup 35% whipping cream
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup butter, divided in half
8 field fare croissants, cooked – halved crosswise and lengthwise
1 tsp rum extract (optional)
1 cup chopped pecans
Caramel Crunch topping
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1 1/4 cup Kellogg’s® Corn Flake Crumbs
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Caramel Crunch topping
- 1. Melt margarine in medium-size saucepan. Remove from heat. Add remaining ingredients. Stir until well combined. Spread mixture evenly on ungreased baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 350° F about 12 minutes or until lightly browned and slightly crisp. Stir once or twice as mixture bakes. Cool completely. Serve over ice cream or pudding.
- Note: Topping becomes more crisp as it cools. Extra topping may be stored in refrigerator in tightly covered container.
- Bananas Foster Croissant French Toast with Whipped Cream
- 1. Whisk together eggs, cream, and cinnamon. Dip each croissant half into mixture and coat well.
- 2. Melt some of the butter in a nonstick skillet and pan fry croissants, turning once until golden brown on both sides. Add more butter as necessary and repeat with remaining croissants.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, bring ½ cup of butter and sugar to a simmer. Add banana halves and rum extract if using, and cook for about two minutes to warm through.
- 4. Divide croissants onto 8 plates and spoon banana mixture over top. Dollop each with whipped cream and sprinkle with pecans to serve. Top with caramel crunch to garnish if desired.
Many thanks to www.foodnetwork.ca and Kellogs for this Recipe