Bruschetta with Smashed Peas and Crispy Pancetta
1 ciabatta loaf
2 tbsp olive oil
500g field fare frozen British petit pois peas
10 slices of pancetta
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon, zested and juiced
Salt and cracked black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°c/350°f
2. Cut the ciabatta in half then cut each half into 5 slices. Place on a baking tray and drizzle with the olive oil. Place in the oven until golden brown, about 5 to 8 minutes. Remove and set aside.
3. While you are waiting for the bruschetta to cook, bring a medium sized pan of salted water to the boil, cook the peas for 4 minutes, then drain and refresh under cold running water. Set to one side.
4. Put the slices of pancetta on a wire rack over a baking tray, and then place in the oven for 5 to 8 minutes until crispy. When cooked remove from the oven and set aside.
5. Place the cooked peas in a food processor with the extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest and juice and pulse for 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Divide the pea mixture between all of the bruschetta and then place a piece of crispy pancetta on each one and serve as an hors d’oeuvre or starter.
Many thanks to www.tastesofsummer.co.uk for this Recipe